Kalamkari Tussar Silk Saree
Kalamkari is completely handmade and and painted using a pen. It involves many steps, traditional pen Kalamkari uses dyes made from natural materials, Its a slow process but depending on the designs the Artisans can take from 40 days to few months to complete the artwork.
The Kalam (pen) used to paint is made of Bamboo reed with a cloth rolled over it and secured with cotton thread. Typically there are 2 kinds of Kalams (pens) one to outline the design and one to fill in the colours to those desings.
- Tamarind stems are burned and made into charcoal used for black, specially in the initial sketching
- Kasim kaaram – purified scrap iron, cane jaggery and palm jaggery are permitted to get black color
- Chavala Kodi and surudu chekka help to obtain red and green shades
- Pomegranate skin is used to obtain light yellow color
- Katachu is boiled to obtain lighter brown colour
- Blue is obtained from the Indigo plant-indigo tinctoria
- Mangusta is used to obtain pink and red colour
Kalamkari Pure Tussar Silk Saree with matching ready made Blouse (can fit from size 6 to size 14)
7 meter Saree length
Caution: Colour May slightly vary due to photography.
This product is Hand woven and there might be slight irregularities which adds to the charm of our handcrafted product.